Japanese Beetles like so many other pesky insects can be controlled by Natural means without the use of Harsh Chemicals, BUT by letting Mother Nature take care of Mother Nature. The following example will DETER Japanese Beetles: Animal & Bird Predators; Beneficial Nematodes; & Predatory Insects.
1. CATNIP - Can be planted by Flowers & Veggie Crops in Pots; It will DETER Aphids, Squash Bug, Flea Beetles & Japanese Beetles.
2. CHIVES - Chives improves flavor & growth when planted in Pots near Tomatoes, Carrots, Apples, Berries, Grapes & Roses; KEEP AWAY FROM Peas & Beans; DETERS Aphids & Japanese Beetles.
3. GARLIC - Planted near Tomatoes, Cane Fruit, Fruit Trees, Roses & Cabbage; KEEP AWAY FROM Peas & Beans; DETERS Aphids, Cabbage Maggot & Blight & Japanese Beetles.
4. TANSY - Can be planted by Flowers & Veggie Crops; DETERS Ants, Aphids, Squash Bug, Stripped Cucumber Beetle, Japanese Beetle PLUS many flying insects.
5. MARIGOLD - IT MST BE THE "FRENCH CULTIVAR" TO BE EFFECTIVE FOR KILLING THE JAPANESE BEETLE GRUB.